Introducing: Junghans 1972 Automatic FIS Limited Edition
Although winter sports are off the agenda for most at the moment, it’s still possible to get a piece of the action with the cool, new Junghans 1972 Automatic FIS Limited Edition.
Official timing partner of the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships, the event is due to be held from 23rd February until 7th of March 2021 in Oberstdorf/Allgäu. Over 13 days, athletes from all over the world will compete in the disciplines of ski jumping, cross-country skiing and Nordic Combined.
Limited to just 500 individually numbered pieces, the 1972 Automatic FIS Edition has a strong, retro look. Compared to the main Junghans collection which has a classical feel, it stands out with its powerful, energetic sports styling. It is also a practical piece: robust enough to withstand the high speeds and impacts of competitive skiing.
Firstly, the watch is equipped with a dependable J830 automatic calibre with a 48-hour power reserve. Water resistant to 300m and with a three-point shock absorber, this watch is as tough as they come.
Secondly, the sculpted case is in brushed stainless steel with polished elements to catch the light. With a diameter of 46.9mm, it is a practical size for demanding Nordic winter sports. Strong and solid, it is 14.5mm thick. Additionally, on the reverse side, the screw-in caseback has a special engraving created for the Limited Edition. Also, it is engraved with its unique serial number. Finally, the case is extended between the crowns to protect them from impact.
The snowy white dial has luminous hour indexes and hands for optimal legibility.
Additionally, an inner ring displays the minutes on a blue track whilst the red ring displays a second time zone. Chosen to reflect the colours of the event logo, they add a sporty vibrancy to the watch. Furthermore, the inner ring can be rotated in both directions. It is adjusted using the screw-down crown located at 2 o’clock. This crown is engraved with a snowflake. Moreover, a second screw-down crown, located at 4 o’clock, adjusts the time. It can also be used to manually wind the watch. This crown is engraved with the Junghans star motif.
Bracelet, Interchangeable Leather Straps
Finally, a practical stainless-steel bracelet completes the look and secures to the wrist with a folding clasp. Furthermore, the watch is supplied in a special commemorative presentation box. The box includes two additional interchangeable leather straps. The first is white with blue and red detailing and the second is in dark blue with a grey underside. Both have a cut-out circle pattern to add to the sporty feel and secure to the wrist with a stainless-steel pin buckle.
Priced at £1575 and available from March, you can pre-order your watch with us today. Supplied with a Two-Year Warranty, you can select one of our two Independent Authorised Junghans Watch Retailers to purchase the watch from. However, availability is limited so don’t delay! Click here to buy and for more information.
Specification & Price
- Model number: 027/4160.44
- Limited Edition of 500 individually numbered pieces
- J830 automatic movement with 48 hour power reserve
- Stainless steel case, 46.9mm diameter, 14.5mm depth
- Second time zone via an inner ring that can be rotated on both sides
- Date function
- 3-point shock absorber based on the archetypal Trilastic
- Caseback with special edition engraving
- Matt white dial with dark blue minute track
- Indexes and hands with environmentally-friendly luminous substance for increased legibility
- Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating on both sides
- 2 X Screw-down crowns – 2 o’clock: with snowflake engraving adjusts second time zone, 4 o’clock with star engraving for manual winding and time setting
- Stainless steel bracelet, folding clasp
- Also supplied with 2 interchangeable leather straps: white with red and blue accents + dark blue with grey accents
- Water resistant up to 30 bars (300m)
- Made in Germany
- Special Edition Presentation Box
- Two Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Price: £1575