Elliot Brown | Holton Professional | 101-001-R06
Choose your retailer below
Elliot Brown Holton Professional Black Dial Watch
Elliot Brown Holton Professional
The Elliot Brown Holton Professional was developed in response to a request from a specialist branch of the military who demanded a fit-for-purpose professional watch capable of a life in the field. It is the first military issued watch from a British company in over 12 years and prior to being approved, was the subject of intense testing, surviving some of the most hostile conditions imaginable.
The Brief: The watch had to be capable of prolonged exposure to water and dust, durable and shock resistant. Additionally, it needed clear visibility day or night. Furthermore, it had to have a unidirectional ultra high grip timing bezel operable with a gloved hand. Also, easy strap changes and comfortable, durable strapping options.
Holton Professional: Ultra High Grip Bezel
The specification of the bezel gives a perfect insight into the level of detail required for the project to be successful. Firstly, a precise 120 click ultra high grip bezel houses a stainless steel insert precisely embossed with hours and minutes indentations then flooded with high grade C3 SuperLuminova. Secondly, the hobnail outer knurling is slightly higher than the insert to form a high grip surface for trustworthy operation even when using the palm of a wet gloved hand. Moreover, both components are matt bead blasted, hardened to 1200HV (Vickers hardness scale) and a 0.8 micron PVD coating is applied whose hardness matches that of the stainless steel components.
The Elliot Brown Holton Professional is no nonsense, fit for purpose and ready for duty. So much so, that some are lauding it the ultimate off-grid watch.
Therefore, it’s no coincidence that it’s technical specification reads like the ultimate watch kit check list.
Holton Professional: NATO stock number
Finally, the Holton Professional has the NATO stock number 6645-99-303-0677: Time-measuring instruments; United Kingdom, and features the ‘Crow’s foot/Pusser’s Arrow/Broad Arrow’ on the dial in subdued grey.
Elliot Brown is a British watch brand. Established in 2013 by Ian Elliot and Alex Brown, Elliot Brown see themselves as an outdoor brand that makes watches. Worn by real adventurers, Elliot Brown watches are rugged, durable and 100% fit for purpose. Every Elliot Brown watch is conceived with function in mind. From the brand’s own anti-shock system to the heavy-duty strap fixing bars, an Elliot Brown watch is the ultimate tough timepiece.
- Swiss Ronda quartz calibre 715 housed in EB’s unique anti-shock suspension system
- Projected battery life approx 3 years
- Stainless steel case with double thickness matt gunmetal PVD coating, treated with anti-fingerprint coating to repel mud and grime
- Case dimensions: Width 43mm, Length 52mm max to tip of case shoulders, Depth 12mm
- Ultra high grip, 120 click uni-directional bezel with case-hardened insert
- Ultra bright Superluminova dial and bezel
- Solid stainless easy change strap bars that screw into case, driven by 5 lobe driver (included with watch)
- 22mm premium matt black EPDM rubber strap with gunmetal buckle
- Bolted down, detailed case back
- Triple sealed, high grip screw down crown, recessed at 4h
- Scratch resistant sapphire 2mm crystal treated to lifetime anti-reflective coating
- Water resistant 20 bar (200 m)
- Five Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Battery Powered Quartz
Black PVD Stainless Steel