Junghans | Max Bill Chronoscope Bauhaus | 27/4303.02
Choose your retailer below
Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope Bauhaus
Max Bill Chronoscope Bauhaus
The Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope Bauhaus takes it’s name from one of the most extraordinary designers of the last century. An architect, painter and sculptor, Max Bill taught at the world famous Bauhaus design school in Dessau. Following the Bauhaus design principles of utility, functionality and good design, Bill began designing watches for Junghans in 1961. To this day, Max Bill watches have remained largely unchanged by Junghans and still demonstrate Bill’s love of clean lines and legibility.
More than 100 years have passed since the foundation of the word famous Bauhaus school. Thanks to Max Bill, Junghans have a special affinity with the Bauhaus style and philosophy. The Junghans Max Bill Bauhaus Chronoscope celebrates this special union.
Max Bill Chronoscope: Case, Dial, Movement
Firstly, with a 40mm matt steel case, the Max Bill Chronoscope Bauhaus has a large dial opening and pared back case with minimal bezel. This ensures that the time is the focus of the watch rather than what is surrounding it. Secondly, designed with legibility and accuracy in mind, the dial is in a matt white finish with black printed indexes. The red hands and minute track are coated with a luminous substance to ensure legibility in poor light conditions. Sub dials provide 30 minute and 12 hour counters. Fitted with a J880.2 automatic movement, the watch has an impressive power reserve of up to 48 hours.
The Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope Bauhaus is a modern design classic with watchmaking heritage.
- J880.2 automatic movement with up to 48 hour power reserve (without chronoscope function)
- Stop function and date, 30 minute and 12 hour counters
- Matt stainless steel case, 40mm diameter
- Case depth: 14.4mm
- Glass case back retained by 5 screws with partially transparent Bauhaus motif
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating on both sides
- Matt white dial with printed hour markers
- Minute track and red hands with environmentally-friendly luminous substance for increased legibility
- Black leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle
- Water-resistant to 5 bars (splash resistant)
- Made in Germany
- Two Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
You may also like…
Oris | Big Crown Pointer Date Calibre 403 | 01 403 7776 4065-07 5 19 11
MÜHLE-GLASHÜTTE - Teutonia IV Moonphase Watch M1-44-05-LB
Oris | Big Crown Calibre 473 | 01 473 7786 4065-07 5 19 22FC
Pequignet | Royale Manuelle Watch | 9080413