JUNGHANS – Max Bill Chronoscope Watch 27/4600.04
Choose your retailer below
Junghans Men’s Max Bill Chronoscope Automatic Watch
Max Bill and Bauhaus design
The Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope takes it’s name from one of the most extraordinary designers of the last century. An architect, painter and sculptor, Max Bill taught at the world famous Bauhaus design school in Dessau. Following the Bauhaus design principles of utility, functionality and good design, Bill began designing watches for Junghans in 1961. To this day, Max Bill watches have remained largely unchanged by Junghans and still demonstrate Bill’s love of clean lines and legibility.
Max Bill Chronoscope
Firstly, with a 40mm polished steel case, the Max Bill Chronoscope has a large dial opening and pared back case with minimal bezel. This ensures that the time is the focus of the watch rather than what is surrounding it. Secondly, designed with legibility and accuracy in mind, the dial is in a matt silver-plated white finish with black printed indexes. The hands and minute track are coated with a luminous substance to ensure legibility in poor light conditions. Sub dials provide 30 minute and 12 hour counters. Fitted with a J880.2 automatic movement, the watch has an impressive power reserve of up to 48 hours.
Discover more about Junghans here.
The Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope is a modern design classic with watchmaking heritage.
- J880.2 automatic movement with up to 48 hour power reserve
- Stop function and date, 30 minute and 12 hour counters
- Stainless steel case, 40mm diameter
- Case depth: 14.4mm
- 5-times screwed caseback printed with signature of Max Bill
- Convex hard plexiglass with coating for enhanced scratch-resistance
- Concave matt silver-plated dial with printed hour markers
- Minute track and hands with environmentally-friendly luminous substance for increased legibility
- Black leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle
- Water-resistant to 3 bars (splash resistant)
- Made in Germany
- Two Year Manufacturer’s Warranty