JUNGHANS – Max Bill Mega Solar Titanium Bracelet Watch 59/2022.46
Choose your retailer below
Junghans Max Bill Mega Solar Titanium Bracelet Watch
Max Bill Mega Solar
New for 2020, the Junghans Max Bill Mega Solar Watch takes the iconic Max Bill design and creates a timepiece with the latest generation of solar powered radio-controlled movements.
One of the most extraordinary designers of the last century, Max Bill was an architect, sculptor and product designer who studied at the Bauhaus in Dessau. His association with Junghans began in the 1950’s when he was commissioned to design a kitchen clock for the company. In 1961, Max Bill started to design purist watches for the brand and Junghans in turn, ensured that the watches were at the cutting edge of technology. Max Bill is acknowledged as one of Europe’s greatest timepiece designers. He constantly strove for clarity and precision in his designs. Today these same values are still evident and underpin the entire Max Bill collection from Junghans.
Radio-controlled solar-powered movement
Firstly, the Junghans Max Bill Mega Solar Watch is equipped with the latest J101.85 connected radio-controlled movement. The movement is an upgrade over the earlier Max Bill Mega (which has a quartz movement in a steel case). The new Max Bill Mega Solar has a titanium case, and is solar-powered. Furthermore, it will run for up to three years on a full charge. Moreover, the dial is actually the solar cell – and also has a quick-charging function allowing it to go from dead flat to proper running after eight minutes of exposure to light. However, both generations of Max Bill Mega watches have the same principle function – radio-controlled timekeeping.
Junghans Mega Smartphone App
Radio-controlled watches receive a time signal via a radio transmitter, which means they can receive the signal anywhere a radio signal will reach, unlike GPS watches that can only sync outdoors. However, because radio reception is largely national, historically Junghans’ radio-controlled watches worked in Europe (DCF77), United Kingdom (MSF), United States (WWVB), and Japan (JJY40 and JJY60). The new Max Bill Mega Solar only functions in those countries or regions on radio-control, but thanks to the recently developed Junghans Mega smartphone app, the watch will work anywhere in the world. Available for both iOS and Android, the smartphone app broadcasts a time signal that synchronises the watch within “less than 30 seconds on average” according to Junghans. Even within synchronisation to either smartphone or radio signals, the watch will run within eight seconds a year as an ordinary, high-precision quartz watch.
Titanium Case and Bracelet
The Junghans Max Bill MEGA Solar Watch has a titanium case. In a matt sandblasted finish, it is feather light and comfortable to wear. Furthermore, a domed hard plexiglass accentuates the historical charm of the watch. Additionally, it is coated with sicralan to ensure scratch-resistance. The minimalist dial is light grey with printed hour and minute markers. Consequently, the watch the graphic look which is so typical of the max bill collection. Finally, a titanium milanese bracelet adds the finishing touch and a folding clasp secures it to the wrist. To discover more about Junghans click here.
The Junghans Max Bill Mega Solar Watch is a design classic – because simplicity can be so precise.
- Movement: J101.85 connected radio-controlled solar movement
- Case: Matt sandblasted titanium case, 38mm diameter
- Case depth: 9mm
- Weight: 37g
- Sapphire crystal
- Matt light grey dial, hands and minute track with environmentally-friendly luminous substance for increased legibility
- Titanium milanese bracelet, folding safety clasp
- Water resistant 5 bar (50m)
- Made in Germany
- Two Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Radio reception in Europe (DCF 77), UK (MSF), USA (WWVB), Japan (JJY40/JJY60)
- Automatic search of time signal transmitter across 5 frequencies with the patented Junghans autoscan
- Adjustment of 41 time zones to the precise second
- Smart time adjustment with the Connected Function of the Junghans MEGA App
- Hands position control via ITC (Intelligent Time Correction)
- Exact time display in half-second moves (Smart Hand Motion)
- The Advanced Moving Function (AMF) enables display of the real time without deviation
- Date display / perpetual calendar
Radio Controlled, Solar Powered