Oris | Oris X Bracenet Aquis 43.5mm Watch | 01 733 7730 4137-07 8 24 05PEB
01 733 7730 4137-07 8 24 05PEB
Choose your retailer below
Oris X Bracenet Aquis 43.5mm Watch
Oris X Bracenet 43.5mm
The Oris X Bracenet 43.5mm Watch continues Oris’s commitment to sustainability and Change for the Better. Partnering with social enterprise Bracenet, the new watch features a dial made from recycled fishing nets.
The Issue: ‘Ghost’ Fishing Nets
Ocean plastic facts are tough to read. For instance, experts say the Great Pacific Garbage Patch (GPGP), a floating plastic waste zone between Hawaii and California, is 4.5 times bigger than Germany. Shockingly, abandoned fishing nets make up 46% of the GPGP. These “ghost” nets continue harming marine life even after being discarded. Around one million tonnes of fishing nets enter oceans annually with ghost nets remaining active for 400-600 years. Discover more about Bracenet and how they turn discarded fishing nets into products including watch dials in our article here.
Oris X Bracenet: Case, Dial
Firstly, the stainless steel case of the Oris X Bracenet is 43.5mm in diameter (view 36.5mm version here) with a uni-directional bezel. The bezel has a minute scale for measuring elapsed time. Secondly, the eye-catching green dial has bold, white hour markers. Along with the hands, these are coated in superluminova for legibility in poor light. Additionally, a white minute track ensures the dial is easy to read. Furthermore, a domed anti-reflective sapphire crystal protects the dial.
Movement, Water Resistance, Caseback, Bracelet
A precision Oris 733 automatic movement with the brand’s famous red oscillating rotor is responsible for the hours, minutes, seconds and date complications. Also, it has a 38 hour power reserve. Water resistant to 30 bars (300m), the Oris X Bracenet has an easy grip, protected screw-down crown. Similarly, the see-through caseback also screws-in. Finally, the stainless steel bracelet locks with a foldable clasp that can be made longer for diving comfort.
Oris have been manufacturing fine watches since 1904 and are one of a small handful of Swiss watch brands that makes only mechanical watches. Built to last and provide a lifetime of enjoyment, the Oris X Bracenet 43.5mm Watch is covered by a three year warranty.
- Automatic movement, Oris 733, base SW 200-1, 26 jewels, Frequency: 28’800 A/h, 4 Hz
- 38 hour power reserve
- Hours, minutes, sweep seconds, date
- Instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device, stop second
- Stainless steel case, 43.50mm diameter
- Uni-directional turning bezel with minute scale
- Stainless steel screw-down crown
- Green dial made from recycled fishing nets
- Indices and hands with superluminova
- Sapphire crystal, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating on inside
- Stainless steel, screwed, see-through caseback with mineral glass and special engravings
- Stainless steel bracelet, security folding clasp with extension
- Water resistant 30 bar (300m)
- Three Year Manufacturer’s Warranty (upon registration with MyOris)
You may also like…
BALL - Engineer Hydrocarbon Original DM2118B-SCJ-BK