SEIKO PROSPEX – 1968 Professional Divers Re-creation Limited Edition Watch SLA039J1
Choose your retailer below
Seiko Prospex 1968 Professional Divers Recreation Limited Edition Watch
Seiko Prospex 1968 Professional Divers Re-creation
The Seiko Prospex 1968 Professional Divers Re-creation marks the 55th anniversary of Japan’s very first diving watch. Created by Seiko, it became the benchmark for all subsequent dive watches. To celebrate this anniversary, Seiko have created a trilogy of commemorative Limited Edition timepieces. This Limited Edition is a recreation of the 1968 Diver’s Watch which was Seiko’s first high-beat diver’s watch. With its 10-beat high precision automatic calibre, one-piece structure, mono-directional rotating bezel and screw-down protection crown, the success of 1968 model laid the foundation for Seiko’s development of divers watches. Limited to 1,100 pieces worldwide, this special watch is perfect for both watch and dive enthusiasts alike.
Case, Dial, Bracelet
Firstly, in a 2020 watch industry first, the grade of stainless steel in the case is Seiko’s “Ever-Brilliant Steel”. This is more corrosion-resistant than in most luxury watches today. Consequently, it is usually only used in the marine industry. Secondly, like the original version, this recreation features a flat case with a sharp design. Seiko’s unique Zaratsu polishing techniques accentuate the edges, bringing additional sharpness and beauty to the lugs. Furthermore, while the original model was an air diver’s watch, the re-creation has been upgraded for saturation diving to 300m via a resilient one-piece case structure. Even with this enhanced specification, the watch rests easily on any size wrist. Additionally, the marine blue dial has high visibility indices and hands. Finally, the blue silicone strap is durable and comfortable.
Equipped with an automatic 8L55 automatic movement, the 1968 Limited Edition has a power reserve of 55 hours. Additionally it is accurate to +15 to -10 seconds per day.
The Seiko Prospex 1968 Professional Divers Re-creation is a heritage-inspired divers watch with greatly enhanced specifications that incorporate the latest advancements in Seiko’s craftsmanship and technology. Engraved with its own unique serial number and presented in a special 55th Anniversary commemorative gift box, you will be proud to own this special timepiece. For complete peace of mind, it is covered by a two year warranty.
- Limited Edition of 1,100 pieces
- Automatic movement calibre 8L55, manual winding capacity, 37 jewels
- Accurate to +15 to -10 seconds per day
- Duration: approx. 55 hours
- Date display
- Stop seconds hand function
- Ever-Brilliant steel case, dimensions: 44.8mm diameter, 51.4mm long, 15.7mm deep
- Uni-directional rotating bezel with Lumibrite
- Blue dial – indexes and hands with Lumibrite
- Dual-curved sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Blue silicone strap
- Screw caseback, engraved with Limited Edition serial number
- Screw-down crown
- Water resistant 30 bar (300m)/1000ft for saturation diving
- Presented in 55th Anniversary commemorative gift box
- Two Year Manufacturer’s Warranty