Seiko Prospex | Glacier ‘Save the Ocean’ 1970 Reinterpretation | SPB301J1
Choose your retailer below
Seiko Prospex Glacier ‘Save the Ocean’ 1970 Reinterpretation Watch
Seiko Prospex Glacier ‘Save the Ocean’ 1970 Reinterpretation
The Seiko Prospex Glacier ‘Save the Ocean’ Watch is a modern reinterpretation of Seiko’s 1970 Diver’s 150m watch. This watch was famously worn by Japanese explorer Naomi Uemura from 1974 to 1976 during his solo dog sled from Greenland to Alaska, a journey of 12,500km. Taking its inspiration from the ice at the North Pole, the ‘Save the Ocean’ Glacier Special Edition expresses the time it takes for a glacier to form its beautiful structure.
Firstly, the smaller 42.65mm case size makes the modern ‘Save the Ocean’ watch even comfortable to wear compared with its 70’s counterpart. Secondly, an increased power reserve of 70 hours is a further improvement on the original 1970 model. Additionally the unique location of the crown at 4 o’clock and the protection of the crown afforded by an extension of the case remain unique features of this watch.
Furthermore, the Seiko Prospex Glacier ‘Save the Ocean’ Watch has a unique, white patterned dial. This expresses the natural formations and pressure the glacier underwent during its long cooling period. Additionally, it has high visibility LumiBrite hour markers and hands. Similarly, the uni-directional elapsed time bezel is also coated in LumiBrite for maximum visibility. Additionally, a curved sapphire crystal protects the dial and an anti-reflective coating on the inner surface aids legibility. Finally, a solid link bracelet with extender ensures the watch can fit around a wet suit.
Equipped with an automatic 6R35 calibre movement, the Prospex Glacier ‘Save the Ocean’ Watch is accurate to +25 to – 15 seconds per day and is water resistant to 200m.
The Seiko Prospex Glacier ‘Save the Ocean’ is a hardwearing, easy-to-read timepiece that looks very different from other dive watches. Finally, a two year warranty guarantees complete peace of mind.
- Automatic movement calibre 6R35, manual winding capacity
- Accurate to -15/+25 seconds per day
- Duration: approx. 70 hours
- Date display
- Stop seconds hand function
- Stainless steel case (super hard coating), dimensions: 42.65mm diameter, 46.35mm long, 13.15mm deep
- Uni-directional rotating bezel
- White dial – indexes and hands with Lumibrite
- Curved sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Stainless steel bracelet, three-fold clasp with secure lock, push button release with extender
- Screw caseback, engraved SPECIAL EDITION
- Screw-down crown
- Water resistant 20 bar (200m)/660ft
- Two Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
You may also like…
Oris | Aquis New York Harbor Limited Edition | 01 733 7766 4187-SET
Oris | Oris X Bracenet Aquis 43.5mm Watch | 01 733 7730 4137-07 8 24 05PEB
Oris | Aquis Date Blue Dial Watch | 01 733 7732 4155-07 8 21 05PEB
ORIS | Aquis Date Calibre 400 41.5mm Watch | 01 400 7769 4157-07 8 22 09PEB