Spare Point for Spring Bar Tool T007 | T007A
Choose your retailer below
Spare Point for Metal Spring Bar Tool (for Changing Watch Straps)
The T007 Spring Bar Tool is all you need for changing watch straps at home. Made from chrome finish metal, it is equipped with a pointed end and a forked end.
Should the point at the end of the tool need replacing, this item is a Spare Point. Simply unscrew the broken point and screw the new one in.
How to Change a Watch Strap Using a Spring Bar Tool
Watch a short video here to find out how to use the spring bar tool to change a watch strap. Also, see our see our step by step guide below.
Step by Step Guide
- Firstly, gather all of the tools needed, including your new strap, spring bar tool and a polishing cloth.
- Secondly, remove the current strap using the spring bar tool. Working from the underside of the watch, use the forked end of the tool to gently push back the strap away from the watch lug to expose the spring bar (if you’re unable to do this, it is easy enough to feel for the ridge of the spring bar with the tip of your spring bar tool). Depress the spring bar inwards away from the watch lug and downwards. The spring bar will pop out. Repeat on the other side to fully remove your strap and both spring bars.
- Insert the spring bars through the holes of your new watch strap pieces on each end where the strap will connect to the watch. Make sure the spring bars are centred inside so they stick out evenly on both sides.
- Fit one end of the spring bar into the hole on the watch lug. Depress the other end of the spring bar with the forked tip of the spring bar tool to slide it inside the watch lug. Make sure both ends are securely in place their lug holes. Repeat the process on the opposite end of the watch with the second strap piece.
- Finally, if you also need to exchange the buckle, use the pointed end of the Spring Bar Tool to push the bar out from the side of the buckle.